Exporter Association Of Coconut Based Substrates of Sri Lanka founded in year 2011 harmonizing informal relations among companies and associations, creating much needed platform to provide strong collective voice on National and international scale to ensure long term sustainability of our industry.
Our membership, scattered all over Sri Lanka amounted to 68 in the year 2013 and bring over USD 120 Mn of foreign exchange earnings to our motherland and provide well over 20,000 direct employment opportunities. We are committed to support our membership to manufacture and export high value added , technologically advanced and quality consistent products to the world. Today, our membership have prominently established themselves in most world leading advanced horticulture and agriculture growing markets where our products are widely used by many world leading growers and horticultural enthusiastic.
To position Sri Lankan as the most sorted after coconut based substrates supplier in the world by working together within and outside the coconut industry. We would initiate, coordinate and liaise with the government and non-government stakeholders in order to be the driving force in achieving the stipulated mission.
To make the maximum possible contribution to create a better world for the future generations by producing and internationally marketing an organic, renewable and environmental friendly growing substrate.
Our initiatives include
- Systematical and continuous guidance and encouragement to manufacture and export a globally competitive and consistent products with ethically sound, environmentally safe policies.
- Improving our memberships focus to manufacture and export hygienically sound and weed fre products.
- Sharing non competitive information members and guiding and supporting to protect related supply chain/dependents.
- Monitoring market conditions.
- Building Working on strategies to stabilize the supply and prices.